Did you know?
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, in 2020 our operations were greatly limited. Nevertheless, we still managed to:
- Provide services to 3975 people with barriers
- Make 379 job placements
- Provide services to 240 Military Veterans
- Provide 38,948 hours of job training
- Divert 7,986,050 pounds of donated goods from landfills
I had no idea!
We hear that a lot.
"I had no idea you help people with disabilities."
"I had no idea you help homeless veterans."
"I had no idea you just launched a soybean oil packaging plant that is expected to create 40 new jobs."
"I had no idea you have an industrial contracts facility that provides packaging and sub-assembly work for other businesses."
The list goes on, but you get the idea. There is a lot people don't know about Goodwill. Learn more by watching this short documentary ►
Kristin is naturally shy and her struggles with social anxiety prevented her from finding work.
Thanks to assistance from Goodwill’s Retail Certification Training program, Kristin not only found the confidence needed to land a job at the Rock Island County Council on Addictions , but she also became comfortable interacting with the public, often initiating conversations.
Her former Goodwill co-workers share that she always has a smile on her face and made positive contributions to their team. When assigned tasks, she could be counted on to complete them in a timely manner.
Her ability to not only overcome her own barriers, but help others do the same is one of many reasons Kristin Duerr was awarded the Trainee Achiever of the Year Award.
You want your business to succeed. We’re here to help. We offer a range of business services to help you keep costs down and hire qualified workers.
Business services include:
- Employment services — we deliver skilled, motivated employees ready to work
- Contract manufacturing services — ISO 9001:2015-certified assembly, packaging and inspection/re-work
- Computer recycling — free, zero-landfill recycling and refurbishing for resale