At Goodwill of the Heartland, your privacy and personal data are extremely important to us. As with all aspects of our organization, we want to be completely transparent about our operation and relationship to the communities we serve.
- Contract partnerships with any business, government agency, or human services agency
- Human services relevant to our mission as a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Referred to as “support services.”
- Retail operations involving any or all of our store locations and E-commerce websites
- Marketing, public relations, or advertising
- E-mail address
- Date of birth
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Credit card information
- All other personal information requested (for job applications, etc.)
How we use your data
We only collect data relevant to the services we provide and may be used for any or all of the following purposes:
- Applications for Employment – to consider applicant qualifications, experience and references for employment opportunities.
- Customer Service – when responses are provided to requests for information about our organization, replies to customer complaints and/or feedback.
- Customer Engagement – when advertising, public relations or marketing materials are created to promote active engagement by the people or organizations we serve. This may involve the use or publication of consumer-generated content.
- Email Subscriptions – to create and maintain email account subscriptions that provide requested information from our organization
- Orders – to process and ship orders from our E-commerce websites which include but may not be limited to: www.shopgoodwill.com and www.restitch.com
- Support Services – to consider applications and all communication related to recipients of support services described by (but not limited to) our website at https://www.goodwillheartland.org/people-services.
Parties with whom we may share your data
We may share your information in the following way:
- Service Providers – We may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the service or services to you. Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the service under reasonable confidentiality terms. If this activity is related to our support services, all information will be subject to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
- Third-Party Advertising Partners – We may also share certain information such as cookie data, your name, e-mail address, postal address, and phone number with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements they believe will be of most interest to you.
How to opt-out of our data collection activities
Goodwill of the Heartland
1410 South First Avenue
Iowa City, Iowa 52240
Phone: (866) 466-7881